Monday, August 30, 2010

"How are we supposed to go shopping without a car?" "Take the bus and walk! Duh!"

So I've been busy moving into my dorm and stuff this past week; therefore, I couldn't blog! Moving was tiring! Unpacking was even less fun. But I like the way my room turned out =)

I was also interviewing and I got a job! I work in a research lab, which means no cute clothes for me! My shoes, skirts, and dresses are very sad. But it is a good job and I get pay more than my last job so it is important for me to keep it. I think it will be a great resume boost as well when I apply for pharmacy school. My boss, Dr. Bayless, will also be a good person when I need a recommendation letter! Another thing about pharmacy, I get to shadow a vet pharmacist every friday afternoon! I am really looking forward to that!
Beside all those good academic events last week, I set a side sometimes for shopping with my best friend Drew (she's a girl, just in case you are wondering...) I don't have a car and she just visiting, so we had to find other mean of transportation to get to the mall. We used the off-campus bus and our legs to get there! We actually had a lot of fun despite Texas hot summer. Here are some of the things I bought:

From Charming Charlie (CC) for about $12 total. Not cheap but they are so pretty!
CC for $19.98 - I love them!
CC for $5! So elegant!
Adorable hat from CC for only $3!
$5 at CC. Supper cheap high-waisted belt!
2-ways clutch at F21 for only $10!
My birthday present from my sister (F21)

I also bought tights (of course!) but they are not anything fancy so I didn't get their pictures. I did find 2 new places to shop for them though! And they are cheap there too! I bought 2 sock-tights from Payless shoes for about $8 total because they were buy one get one 1/2 off. They are grey with diamond pattern and black with vertical stripes. They are not as thick as I thought they'd be, but pretty great for the price! Then I bought 3 more normal pairs from Charming Charlie for only $6 total! Amazing right? Drew got a pair of white mirofiber tights from Icing store for less than $3 as my birthday present! They were so comfortable. I needed them for my ballet class, which is coming up on thursday!
Great shopping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment